Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Just When I Think I Am Getting Somewhere...

Yet another setback!

My transplant coordinator called me yesterday to go over some things prior to my case going to the board for approval to be placed on the waitlist and I was informed that I have a parasite (Strongyloides) living in my body that must be treated before I will be approved to be on the active list. The hospital did this testing over a year ago but I was just told about this yesterday so this is only going to further delay the process. From what I was told the treatment process could take up to a few months because it requires more than one round of the medication with a break in between the treatments.

I'm feeling very discouraged. If this had been brought to my attention when the labs were drawn a year ago I could have already had this treatment done and been clear of the parasite, but instead I have been living with it in my system which may or may not be causing some of my current problems. This is proving to be a very difficult and frustrating experience the second time around and it is taking a toll on me emotionally, physically, and mentally. Not to mention I am still hoping to find a living donor but I have had no new leads there.

I started a Booster campaign to sell t-shirts with my website on them for other people to wear in the hopes of directing more traffic to my page and more people will get tested. If you would like to become a part of "Team Tuff" and wear one of these awesome shirts designed by me to help spread the word about my search in your area please click HERE

The shirts will only be available for a limited time (until June 12th I believe) and they will not print at all unless I have a minimum order of 9. I'm getting desperate here, so I am trying every avenue I can seeing as social media and having it on the back window of my car has not worked thus far. Next stop is a sign in my yard which will be coming soon no doubt because I am not ready to give up without a fight! Next update I hope to have something good to report since it seems the last couple have been downers. Until then....

Love & Blessings,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment